Monday, March 2, 2009

Impact crush CONCACAF Champions League record




I usually do not comment of club teams but this is a significant event for CONCACAF. Canada is the 3rd most populated nation (by far) in CONCACAF. I believe nations, leagues and a national team will get better if there is interest in the sport. Interest is sure building in Montreal. Montreal is part of Quebec. I note this because a few years ago Qeubec tried to seperate from Canada. I use to play puck in Montreal and the culture is very European in some parts. While viewing the impact game the colors of the impact reminded me of the French national team. MLS is looking for expansion and the Impact fans put on a tremendous show of support. Soccer is steadly increasing in the USA, Puerto Rico but the biggest increase of interest could be from Canada.

No comments: